Assembly 3.3.16

03 March 2016

Sports Results

This week's sports results included some impressive wins. The 1st VII won the Dulwich Prep and Port Regis Sevens and the U11 B VII won the Aldro Sevens. Well done boys! To see all of this week's results click here.

EU Referendum Results

Last week Faris, Finn and Will gave an informative presentation about the EU referendum. Leading on from this they coordinated a school-wide referendum to find out what everyone at Caldicott thinks about this important issue.

Mr Timms presented the results: 73.3% of boys and staff think that Britain should stay in the EU and the remaining 26.7% think we should leave.

Question of the Week

This week's question was, "What holds you back in life?"

The winning answer came from L Anderson who wrote, "Fear is the thing that holds most people back."

Superstars and Highly Commendeds

Name

Award

Subject

Info

L Leavett-Shenley

Superstar

Art

Excellent art work in class and own time.

O Rogers

Superstar

French

Winner of 2nd form French poetry competition

G Turner

Highly Commended

French

Runner up in French poetry competition

V Kheterpal

Highly Commended

French

Runner up in French poetry competition

C Scopes

Highly Commended

Science

Project on Forces

F Lagesse

Highly Commended

Science

Project on Forces

G Fearnley-Whittingstall

Highly Commended

Science

Project on Forces

L Tollgard

 Superstar

 

Star of the Week

M Gribov

 Superstar

 

Star of the Week

F Higgins

 Highly Commended

 

For being the 3N changing room monitor last half term

L Hope

 Highly Commended

 

For being the 3B changing room monitor last half term

M Robertson

 Highly Commended

 

For being the 3S changing room monitor last half term

S Strauss

 Highly Commended

 

Sam's behaviour has been steadily improving this week

A Chambers

 Highly Commended

English

Assured and thoughtful rendition in declamations final

A Chilvers

 Highly Commended

English

Excellent work on Shakespeare's witches power-point

A du Roy de Blicquy

 Highly Commended

English

 

A du Roy de Blicquy

 Highly Commended

English

 

A du Roy de Blicquy

 Highly Commended

English

Brilliant performance in declamations final

A Cobb

 Highly Commended

English

Superb performance in declamations final

C Scopes

 Highly Commended

English

Assured and dramatic performance in declamations final

J Catherwood Smith

 Highly Commended

English

Brilliant performance in declamations final

H Murton

 Highly Commended

History

Great programme design for the Ancient Olympic Games

H Evans

 Highly Commended

History

A super programme for the Ancient Olympic Games